Thursday, February 21, 2013

SSPX: Is time running out?

An interesting post over at Rorate well worth a read on the subject of the SSPX. I don't know what the future holds anymore than anyone else does. But it is exceedingly difficult for me to see the next Pope bending over backwards the way Benedict has to accommodate and reconcile them. As I have said many times, from personal experience, I think the Society is deeply infected with a schismatic mindset which has only hardened over the years. I hope they reconcile with Rome as they could do a lot of good. But I confess that if it happens I will be surprised. And yes, deep down my gut says this may be their last best chance.

1 comment:

August said...

Was there ever time in the first place? Is the text of whatever it is the Vatican wants them to sign available? If the Vatican keeps sending them stuff they simply can't sign then there never actually was time.