Thursday, June 29, 2017

OK I Yield

Thanks to everyone who has posted such nice things about the blog. I appreciate the kind words. Also I am not ignoring the many messages posted in the preceding thread and sent to me privately asking that I reconsider my retirement. So I have decided to stick with it for a while longer. However I must caution that my posts may be less frequent. Also starting in August I am going to be stuck in a technological black hole, possibly for a couple of months. Mom is having surgery which will require my moving in to help out for between four and eight weeks. Her house is in small sheltered valley where even cell phones don't work. She does have satellite TV and a microwave oven. But otherwise it's like stepping into the 1960's. It's a twenty minute drive to the 21st century and internet access. So posting during that time frame will be very rare.

More to follow.

7 comments:

Patrick Kelly said...

Although I do appreciate your posts I mostly use your blog as a collection of other linked resources.

Thank you.

Deacon Nicholas said...

Slava Bogu! And, uh, Axios! What else? Pofta buna! Really happy about this, to the point of incoherence.

Odysseus said...

Where is the celebration emoji?

Brian said...

Huzzay!!! Truly, I check your blog every day. Glad you're not going softly into that dark night just yet.

Abbot Theodore said...

Thank you, John. I am sure we will be happy for whatever we get from you when you are able to post.

God bless your mother. If you send her name, we will gladly put her on the monastery's intercession list for healing and comfort:
priory@saintlaurenceosb.org

God bless,

Prior Theodore

Stephen said...

Damnation rescinded. World breathes sigh of relief.

lannes said...

All around me I see people with whom I've grown comfortable and familiar dying or retiring.